Sixteen people have been chosen by Mayor Michael Villa to serve on a local planning committee which will work with New York State planners and consultants to come up with a strategic investment plan to utilize the $10 Downtown Revitalization Initiative grant recently awarded to the city.
Individuals named to the committee:
- Chad Majewski, vice president of sales at Noteworthy and Print Bear (stickermule.com)
- John Duchessi, AIDA director, Montgomery County Legislator, former mayor
- Gina DaBiere-Gibbs, director of tourism at Fulton Montgomery Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Joseph Emanuele, AIDA board member, former mayor
- Dan Weaver, owner of The Book Hound, columnist for the Amsterdam Recorder
- Michael Whitty, chief at Amsterdam Fire Department
- Ladon Alomar, director at Centro Civico
- Nicole Hemsley, director at the Amsterdam Free Library
- Paul Gavry, chairman of the Amsterdam Waterfront Foundation, Amsterdam Planning Board
- Andy Heck, president, general manager at Alpin Haus
- Jennifer Saunders, CEO at Liberty Enterprises ARC
- Damaris Carbone, director at Amsterdam Housing Authority
- Dominic Wade, business owner and entrepreneur
- Gina DeRossi, AIDA and zoning board member, former alderwoman
- William Baaki, attorney, interim alderman
- Kelly Quist-Demars, constituent representative for the office of Congressman Paul Tonko
Villa will co-chair the committee along with Fulton-Montgomery Community College President Dustin Swanger, who also serves as the co-chair of the Mohawk Valley Regional Economic Development Council.
Previously, Villa said that the target date to have the strategic investment plan completed is March 2019.